Views from a Latah Kitchen Table

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Pesto


On my weekly lunch outing to Fred Meyer, I was looking for the ingredients for crab pasta. I found everything except they were out of the 6 oz. containers of fresh crab. I guess I could have bought the crab legs and shelled them but I was too lazy. What else could I make with some of the ingredients in my cart? Pesto!

Pesto:

2 cups packed fresh basil leaves
4 cloves garlic
1/4 cup pine nuts
2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1/2 cup freshly grated Pecorino cheese

Combine the basil, garlic, and pine nuts in a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped. Add the 1/2 cup of the oil and process until fully incorporated and smooth. Season with salt and pepper. If freezing, transfer to an airtight container and drizzle remaining oil over the top. Freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw and stir in cheese.

I added a bit of heavy cream.

Adapted from food network Kitchens

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home