Views from a Latah Kitchen Table

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Happy 21st birthday Torin!

Last night we went out for my son's belated birthday dinner. His choice was the Spokane Wolf Lodge. We all chose the Lil’ Dude-a 12 oz Top Sirloin. It is served with a salad, the kids chose Caesar salads, and I chose the house salad with blue cheese dressing. I love their salad, it’s nothing fancy but the lettuce is nice and cool and the blue cheese dressing tangy with lots of chunks of blue cheese.
You can't go wrong with the Lil’ dude,it was flavorful and charbroiled to perfection. We all had our dude’s med. rare. I don’t think I have ever had a bad steak here and trust me I have eaten quite a few of them.
We all had baked potatoes with lots of butter, sour cream and chives. I sometimes forget how much I love a fat loaded baked potato.
We had a choise of mixed veges or baked beans. I went with the beans, kinda smoky sweet in a good way. My daughter chooses the sautéed zucchini, onions and green peppers. These veges are not my favorite. I think they're bland.
The atmosphere is kind of a 70’s dimmly lit ski lodge/ steak house.
If you’re looking for a good old steak and baked potato, check it out.

1 Comments:

At 3:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy, happy birthday!

Now that it it's legal though, it isn't as much fun.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home