Views from a Latah Kitchen Table

Monday, August 14, 2006

Stir-Fry

I was on vacation all last week. I spent some time around the house, at the lake and with the kids. I did not spend much time on the computer.

Last night we fixed a simple stir-fry using a stir-fry vegetable mix I picked up at The Liberty Lake Farmers Market on Saturday.

I picked up some beef to add to the vegetables and went with a Garlic Sauce from The Best Light Recipe.

Garlic Sauce

½ C. chicken broth
¼ Sake
3 T. hoisin sauce
1 T. soy sauce
2 t. cornstarch
3 t. hot chili oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
¼ t. red pepper flakes.

First I sautéed the beef in some peanut oil, removed the beef, then added a bit more oil, then the vegetables along with some garlic and grated ginger until the vegetables were crisp- tender. Next I added the Garlic Sauce with the beef and simmered it all together for about 2-3 min.

I served it over brown rice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home