Views from a Latah Kitchen Table

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Sawtooth Grill



Marjie and I did a little back to school shopping at River Park Square last night. We decided to stay downtown and eat dinner at the Sawtooth Grill. I like the Sawtooth O.K., but it’s nothing special in my opinion.

Marjie had the Backyard Burger and I choose the Aloha Burger. I think their burgers are over priced at around $ 9 each, and the fries don’t come close to the big thick ones at the Onion.
The service was good,and the burgers were cooked medium as requested.
I had a glass of Merlot, which set me back $9.25;I should have asked the price before ordering.

I think if you want a good burger downtown in a nice sit-down restaurant, hoof it over to the Onion. Your palate and pocketbook will thank you.

8 Comments:

At 9:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My dear lady-$9 something for a glass of merlot from a bottle that's most likely been open for a week-I think not!

Personally, I would never darken the doors of such a place, unless someone else is paying...then...I just shut up and eat.

 
At 2:26 PM, Blogger Sara Habein said...

Your review pretty much sums up what I expected Sawtooth to be. I've never been in there because, yeah, I just go to the Onion when I want a burger. So it's good to see my suspicions confirmed.

 
At 9:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The only thing that impressed me about the sawtooth was the veggie plates they bring for the kids. Most kid food is deep fried or a plate full of grease. Other than that, well, its a burger joint.

Andrew

 
At 5:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i dont think that you should talk bad about a restaurant that you have never been too. another thing the wine you had probably was an up scale wine and i am sure it wasnt open for a week.. try a day. also you want a fresh burger that hasnt ever been frozen.. then ya the sawtooth is better than the onion.. with better service

 
At 8:29 AM, Blogger jennifer n said...

I HAVE been there. It's my opinion, and if you don't agree that's fine by me.

 
At 9:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK fine-I've been there too, as someone else did pay, and it still SUCKED! Total corporate mediocrity positioned as a cutesy themed feeding hole for the clueless and nothing more.

So anonymous, are you saying that the Sawtooth tosses bottles of wine that have been open for too long to prevent their patrons from overpaying for stale swill? I doubt it.

 
At 6:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I TOTALY AGREE SAWTOOTH GRILL IS JUST AN OVER PRICED BURGER JOINT. NOT TO MENTION WHEN I WAS THERE LAST (IT STRUK OUT AFTER THREE TIMES!) THE MANAGER WAS A "BITCH" JANDYL. WHEN I INQUIRED WHY MY BURGER WAS STILL BLEEDING SHE TOLD ME THAT IS THERE "DEFAULT" WAY.

 
At 3:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As someone who has worked at the sawtooth, I think that last comment about the manager is quite funny!
And I think the food there's just fine!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home